Please read these instructions carefully before submitting your audition recording.
Select two (2) contrasting works
- Choose excerpts and pieces that accurately reflect your skill level and musicianship
- Recordings must be made within 3 months of applying for the Summer Music Festival
- Examples of contrasting works:
- A slow piece and a fast piece
- A work from the Baroque era and a work from the Romantic era
- A technical study/etude and a performance piece
Select your media format. Acceptable media file types Include:
- Any compressed digital audio or video format
- .mp3, .mp4, .aac, h.264, .wmv, .wmv, .flac
- File can be submitted directly through this application
- Alternatively, file can be linked via any standard cloud-based sharing platform:
- If you upload your recordings to a cloud-based sharing system, PLEASE make sure they do not expire
- Any online media hosting link
Record your audition. Please be sure to record yourself in a place where there is minimal distraction, such as pets, televisions, and other background sounds.
Ready to Apply??
Remember, here’s what you’ll need in order to complete your application:
- A Paypal account so that you can pay the application fee. (contact us if you are unable to use Paypal)
- Audition Recordings (two contrasting works)
- Knowledge of our program offerings, list of electives, and recreational outing activities
- Tax information if you plan to apply for financial aid (1040 tax form)
- All other relevant information